Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Profile: Cyren Wong


I am a rather superstitious person and I think that that has been facilitated by my affinity to the spiritual. With regards to that, there are some things which I go by to avoid calamity or disaster and since we will all be travelling to Chiang Mai in the next few weeks or so, perhaps it is only relevant then that I single out certain superstitious practices I have with regards to the matter.

Cyren’s Travel Guide for The Superstitious Traveller

Ihen arriving at a foreign place, it is important to know that you are not – in any way – native to that area and that there are possibly other things living there which you may like to watch out for. As such, when entering the hotel room, I usually make a discreet announcement of my arrival and a note of my duration of stay. As extra precaution, I place my shoes at the foot of my bed - one facing towards me, the other away from – to addle or confuse spirits that may otherwise seek to disturb me in my sleep. Last, but certainly not least, I take great care to not sleep in the bed that is reflected by the mirror or if that can’t be helped, will drape a towel over the mirror before sleeping and this is done because when you sleep, your dreams are reflected by the mirror and any dreams – especially the bad ones – will be reflected on to real life.

So I guess that is all I can say – and please I am not claiming to be privy to all knowledge regarding the supernatural world, but there are others that I know for: “always grow rosemary by your garden gate, always throw a pinch of salt over your left shoulder, and fall in love whenever you can.”

No comments:

Post a Comment